The English tests below are progress tests for a True Beginner – a True Beginner is someone who knows no English whatsoever – or very, very little. The tests can be used by ESL (English as a Second Language) teachers to check to see if their students are at the expected level. Click on the following links to launch:
Most jobs, universities, schools require a high level of English as part of their admissions requirements.
- 1. Beginner: CEFR Level A1
- 2. Pre-Intermediate: CEFR Level A2
- 3. Intermediate: CEFR Level B1
- 4. Upper-Intermediate: CEFR Level B2
- 5. Advanced: CEFR Level C1
- 6. Mastery: CEFR Level C2